Enjoy Life,
EAT PORK!!!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to our website. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics and responses, communicate privately with others, upload and view content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

::::: Enjoy Staying! :::::
Europe's First H1N1 Virus in Pigs Yellowribbon

Enjoy Life,
EAT PORK!!!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to our website. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics and responses, communicate privately with others, upload and view content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

::::: Enjoy Staying! :::::
Europe's First H1N1 Virus in Pigs Yellowribbon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» {Remove And Disable Send Feedback Link From Windows 7 Beta-w
Europe's First H1N1 Virus in Pigs I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 1:14 pm by elizgiac

» Wapdam Video Snsd Gee
Europe's First H1N1 Virus in Pigs I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 4:02 pm by elizgiac

» Cisco IOS Images For Dynamips Routers
Europe's First H1N1 Virus in Pigs I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 2:33 pm by elizgiac

» Http://ul.to/bp8yv2yp
Europe's First H1N1 Virus in Pigs I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 10:44 pm by elizgiac

» Http://ul.to/bp8yv2yp
Europe's First H1N1 Virus in Pigs I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 10:41 pm by elizgiac

» Video Ngentot Anak SMP
Europe's First H1N1 Virus in Pigs I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 4:02 pm by elizgiac

» Dj Kent Ft Leftside-Bubble For Me(Acapella)Diy.wma
Europe's First H1N1 Virus in Pigs I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 6:11 pm by elizgiac

» City Car Driving V1.2.5 Download Torrent
Europe's First H1N1 Virus in Pigs I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 1:22 pm by elizgiac

Banks

Europe's First H1N1 Virus in Pigs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nescab

Europe's First H1N1 Virus in Pigs Empty
PostSubject: Europe's First H1N1 Virus in Pigs   Europe's First H1N1 Virus in Pigs I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 5:13 pm

NORTHERN IRELAND, UK - Test results indicate a novel H1N1 influenza A virus identified in pigs.

The Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (DARD) has confirmed that a pig herd here has tested positive for the novel H1N1 influenza A.

Tests on a batch of piglets submitted by a private veterinary practice to the Agri-Food & Biosciences Institute on 11 September have tested positive for the novel H1N1 Influenza A virus.

A DARD spokesperson said: "Influenza viruses, including Influenza A, are present in all pig producing countries, including here and Great Britain and are considered endemic in the pig population. Given that this virus is currently circulating in humans this finding is not unexpected."

As part of the Department's contingency planning, a voluntary Code of Practice for pig keepers has been agreed in conjunction with Industry. The Code of Practice provides guidance to pig keepers on the actions they should take to reduce the risk of introduction of influenza viruses to pig herds and reduce the risk of onward spread if introduction does occur. The Code relates to all influenza viruses and pulls together existing best practice. The Code is based on good biosecurity and herd health management as already practised.

The Department is providing advice to the affected farm and will continue to monitor developments and provide advice to the industry as required. Department of Health & Social Services and Health & Safety Executive NI (HSENI) have also been informed.

The Food Standards Agency has advised that novel H1N1 influenza A does not pose a food safety risk to consumers.

Web Source: www.thepigsite.com
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1